This blog is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a veterinarian if your pet is ill.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hawthorn for Heart Problems


When I found out one of my cats had a heart murmur, I read up on what to give Joey for this. I found the herb hawthorn to be a great help.

Hawthorn is listed in herbal books as one of the best tonic remedies for the heart. It may be used safely and in long term treatment for heart weakness or failure, palpitations and high blood pressure.

This herb helps the heart in many ways. It dilates the arteries, improving the heart's blood supply. It increases the heart's pumping force and eliminates some types of heart rhythm disturbances.

I sprinkle a bit in Joey's can food every day. He is doing well so hopefully this is helping make his heart stronger.

Since heart issues are very serious, consult with your vet first about using hawthorn as a long term heart tonic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin