Monday, March 9, 2009
SAMe for pets
SAMe or S-Adenosylmethionine is a human supplement that can be helpful for pets. Special SAMe is specifically made for animals. Some of the benefits of SAMe for your pets are listed below.
1) It promotes the health of the liver.
2) It may help slow the aging process in senior pets.
3) It is helpful for disorders of the joints and connective tissue, including arthritis.
4) It may lower levels of homocysteine, an amino acid associated with heart disease.
5) SAMe+ is a powerful antioxidant that can help detoxify the liver.
Special SAMe+, while labeled for pets, is great for people too. In addition, this product is not just your everyday SAMe that you can purchase at the drug store---it is third party tested for purity and potency and includes additional ingredients for maximum absorption and effectiveness. Special SAMe+ tablets are enterically coated in order to prevent its breakdown by stomach acidity and promote intact absorption in the small intestine. Vitamins B6, B12, and folate were added in order to provide cofactors for the natural conversions of SAMe to L-homocysteine and then safely to L-cysteine
SAMe+ has been scientifically shown in research studies to help relieve joint pain, elevate mood and support the liver.
For joint pain, Special SAMe+ is a great addition to use along with standard joint supplements such as glucosamine, chondroitin, etc.
As with any herbs or supplements, ask your vet before giving to your pet to make sure there aren't any conditions that might be adversely affected by taking SAMe.
Special SAMe is available through www.askariel.com web site or other sources online.