This blog is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a veterinarian if your pet is ill.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Kitty Adventures

Halloween morning I went about feeding my kitties and getting ready to run some errands. We were invited to go Trick or Treating with a friend's daughter. Just as I was about to leave the house for a few hours I checked on the cats one last time.

I went out to the screened porch and noticed some of the foam board we put in the ceiling for insulation was on the floor. I looked up and several little white kitty heads peered down at me from the rafters above!!!! They had gotten up into the ceiling from the various shelf perches we made for them. I was not sure whether they had access to outside from here so I had to try to get as many back down as I could before they could escape. So much for my day running errands! They always seem to pick days I had plans to get into mischief!

I stood on one of the tables and pounded hard on the ceiling making a lot of noise and succeeded in getting a couple of cats down. I finally had to make a hole in the ceiling to see who was still up there. I had taken a head count but wasn't sure. I pulled the foam board loose and saw Smidge and Lilly still up above me. Using tuna and catnip I sprinkled it on the table under one of the ceiling holes and Smidge and Lilly were just about to come down when Al my blue eyed deaf cat went after gray tabby cat Tabitha. All the screeching and commotion scared the cats back up above! I finally put everyone else inside. With my walking stick I coaxed Smidge down a hole to the porch. I put her inside and tried to get Lilly to come down too. No way -- she was not moving - tucked away in the far corner of the ceiling.

All this had taken me a couple of hours. I gave up for now on Lilly. I left two holes open and food out. I went out for a couple of hours to run errands and finally when I came back she had come down to eat. I picked her up and put her in a kennel cage while we fixed the ceiling. We secured the smaller foam boards with tape and nailed the larger pieces back - I had made a mess of it all trying to get up there. So much for my Halloween plans. We were late but were still able to go out after all.


Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin